Freitag, 5. Juli 2013

A sneak peak

Hi guys!

At the moment it's not so awfully hot as it was last week. It's still summer but now it's bearable :) I wanted to show you what I have been working on for a couple days. Iw as super bored and while cleaning a bit my tiny sewing area up, I found a Layer Cake that I had ordered once as a Daily Deal from Missouri Star Quilt Company . It was the Bali Dark Layer Cake from Benartex.



Aren't those absolutely amazing colors? Yes, they look AS good as on screen in real! Wow! Anyway, that Layer Cake has been sitting in my shelf for at least half a year or longer even. I never found out what to do with it because I wanted a pattern that showcases those colors. As less cutting as possible but still I didn't want to just sew the 10'' squares together because then I would have needed 2 Layercakes to get a decently sized quilt. But while I was browsing the web, I very accidentally stumbled over the 1+2 Quilt Tutorial on Samelia's Mum blog. That pattern might be very simple but aren't often the simple things those that are the most effective? In this case, YES. I just love how quickly it comes together and how amazing it looks, especially in the case of these batiks!

I tell you, this is going to look AMAZING. Look yourself!








Mind you, it's going to look even better in the sun! I am so looking forward to this! :))) Wow. I hope you like it as much as me!

Hugs,

Steffie